What does it mean to be Made in America?
It was my father’s passion to build a business based on the very best quality product and dedication to customer service. I am proud to say that over 40 years later, we are still focused on those very same objectives. Working with people you know and trust, and being a vital part of a community is what we are all about. Those values extend deep into our products and business philosophy. We call it the New Made in America, but frankly, it’s never changed for us.
Meramec Instrument Transformer Co.
Meramec “Made in the U.S.A.” QualityWhy choose Meramec Instrument Transformer Co.
Meramec Instrument Transformer Co. is the preeminent manufacturer of instrument current transformers for the power generator, power transformer, and the high- and medium-voltage circuit breaker markets. For over 40 years, Meramec has been dedicated to designing and manufacturing the highest quality, custom made instrument current transformers for the electric power industry.
Instrument Current Transformers are used for monitoring current in electrical power systems for system protection, control and measurement. Our present product lines for your given applications are:
Harsh environment applications
- Isolated Phase Bus (Internal/External) 0.6kV – 25kV
- Generator CT (Terminal Bushing)
- External BCT or Slip-Over CT (Bushing or Cable)
- Power Transformer
- Step-Voltage Regulator
- Bulk Oil Circuit Breaker (mostly replacement)
- HV Power Circuit Breaker
- MV Power Circuit Breaker
- Isolated Phase Bus [IPB]
- Generator CT (Board Mounted for direct use on terminal bushing)
- Unplanned outage recovery support with 24/7 support
- Immediate turnaround on emergency outage recovery situations
- Industry-leading Turnaround Time
- Each design is engineered for your situation – whether new installation, upgrade, or replacement
- Legacy parts support
- Our Engineering staff members are IEEE-PES and Instrument Transformers Sub-Committee members and active in the development of industry standards
- 278+ years combined industry experience
Celebrated Inside and Outside of the Industry…
- SBA Small Business Classification
- U.S. Dept. of Commerce’s Manufacturer of the Week Recipient
- Missouri Impact! Award Recipient
- Missouri Show-Me Heroes Employer
- Recognized in the Governor’s State of the State Speech for our investment and results related to Workforce Training
- NIST Green Supplier Network Partner
We have officially changed our name from Meramec Electrical Products Co., Inc. to the new Meramec Instrument Transformer Co. With this name change, we have also changed our brand identity logo and our website address to www.MeramecUSA.com.
This change in name and brand allows Meramec to truly reflect the current and future direction the company will be taking in the electrical power generation, transmission and distribution industry. The name Meramec Instrument Transformer now more accurately reflects the primary business and future expectations the company envisions for new products and new technology. This new initiative allows Meramec to expand beyond our primary business of providing products for the high voltage sector for the electrical generation, transmission, and distribution industry. As a result, we can begin offering a whole new line of instrument transformers aimed at the medium voltage market.
“There is a demand for the commitment to quality, technical service, and dedication to providing the best American made components available, for which Meramec is known and recognized. We are ready to once again move forward and meet that demand. This will mean more jobs, more opportunities, and more growth for us, our partners, and the city of Cuba, Missouri,” says Nick Sanazaro, President of Meramec Instrument Transformer Co.
Meramec was started by Andrew Sanazaro, Sr. in 1969 in Cuba, Missouri. He founded the company based on the simple principle of providing the highest quality products and highest level of customer service to customers in the electrical industry. His vision was to provide a unique service built on custom- designed products to meet customers’ specific requirements. Throughout its history, Meramec has maintained these base ideals and principles and over the past 45 years, has become globally renown for its quality products and customer support.
Today Meramec Instrument Transformer Co. is comprised of over 150 employees and a facility that spans over 100,000 square feet. Meramec products reach over 65 countries around the globe. All products are designed, manufactured, produced and managed completely in the U.S.A.